What does your role entail?
As Sales Manager, you are mainly involved in the short-term trade of our exclusive flavour tomatoes.
You focus mainly on existing wholesale partners and contact with them is mainly by telephone. You also take the time to visit them in person.
The good relationship with our partners ensures a long-term relationship.
We offer you the chance to work for the most innovative total specialist in tomatoes, from cultivation to retail.
What might your day look like?
You are there early, because early in the morning the daily sales meeting starts. With a cup of coffee within reach, you discuss stocks with your colleagues: How is the quality, are there any shortages, how are the tomatoes ageing and what will happen to prices. No day is the same. You also share market information so everyone knows what to do.
After establishing what the objectives for today and the coming days will be, you will approach your relations. What do they need today and in the coming days, what can you interest them with and how do they see the market developing. You ensure good order entry and after-sales.
In the afternoon, you go through your administrative affairs. Is everything properly recorded in the system? You prepare for the next day. At the end of the day, you plan a visit to your most important contacts, because you want to meet them in person! Great, you can immediately make an appointment for tomorrow afternoon! And before you know it, your day is over too.
What makes working at RedStar joyful?
Our purpose is: Create Pure Joy (createpurejoy.com). ‘Create Pure Joy’ by striving to have fun in everything we do. Our corporate ambition is aligned with our four key priorities: People, Produce, Partnership and Planet. People is mentioned first for a reason. We want to be a great place to work. We do this by focusing on innovation, growth, our brand and sustainability. We believe we need to take action now to give our planet a chance. That everyone at RedStar should be able to prosper in the process. We work with our partners to create a culture where your engagement is enhanced in an environment where you have fun every day, are valued and encouraged, and want and can do your best work. Will you come and help us do that?
What we ask of you
- An inspiring personality, a team player with a decisive nature;
- Affinity with the AGF sector;
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position;
- You can express yourself well in Dutch and English; knowledge of German and/or French is an advantage.
What we offer
- An excellent competitive salary per four weeks;
- A good working atmosphere with colleagues who know their stuff;
- 26 holidays, nice pension, the opportunity for further development through training and education;
- The tastiest tomatoes to take home, of course you have to taste them;
- The opportunity to develop and expand your role independently.
Our recruitment procedure
- We review applications as they come in. As long as the vacancy is visible, you can apply;
- We will respond within 5 working days of receiving your applications:
- By phone, we will contact you when we want to meet you
- Via e-mail you will receive a rejection, with a reason why you unfortunately do not have the right profile for us at the moment
- The first interview is at our headquarters in De Lier. In this first interview, we look at who you are, what you stand for and whether what we offer suits your needs;
- After the first interview, think calmly about what you think of us; we do the same about you;
- In the second interview, we delve into who you are as a person, what you come to get and bring, what we can give you and ask for. You ask us all your questions to see if we fit you.
- Also think about what you need to start successfully. Think about time with managers, getting to know other locations, possibly spending a day at one of our gardens. Everything you need to root well within RedStar.
- Are we all happy and in the go flow? Then we will make you an offer that we hope you can wholeheartedly say yes to!
Congratulations and welcome to RedStar.
Experienced, at least 2 years of relevant work experience
Number of hours per week
As soon as possible