PRIVACY- AND COOKIE STATEMENT REDSTAR SALES BV
REDSTAR Sales BV (hereinafter: “RedStar”) processes personal data on a daily basis. RedStar respects the privacy of data subject of whom it collects personal data and ensures that the information is treated confidentially. RedStar is responsible for the processing of personal data as indicated in this Privacy- and Cookie Statement and acts in the capacity of controller. In this Privacy- and Cookie Statement, we will explain which personal data will be processed and the purposes and legal bases for the processing.
REDSTAR Sales BV
2678 PT De Lier
+31 (0)174 531 000
Number Dutch Chamber of Commerce: 56868618
RedStar has a first point of contact for privacy related matters. If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data or this Privacy- and Cookie Statement, you can contact the Human Capital department of RedStar, HC@redstar.nl.
2. Personal data and purposes and legal bases for processing of data
Performance of the agreement
We collect personal data for the performance of agreements with our customers and suppliers. In that regard, we collect name and address particulars, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses and payment details of our customers and/or suppliers and our contacts with those customers and/or suppliers. If necessary for the performance of the agreement, we also transfer these personal data to third parties.
In order for us to provide you with interesting information and advertisements, we also collect commercially interesting information about visitors to our website. This information is collected by means of cookies. This information can also be collected via the websites of our partners and social media platforms, depending on your settings on such websites.
RedStar can be found on various social media, such as LinkedIn and Instagram. We may use your personal information when you use the functions on these websites and/or apps. Whenever you use a function on such website, we can obtain your personal data via our social media in question.
In addition, buttons are included on our website to promote the webpages of our social media accounts. These buttons work by means of a code from the social media platform. As soon as you click on a button, this code places cookies, allowing the social media platform to receive your personal data, such as your IP address. If you would like to receive more information about the information that is collected by the social media platforms, we refer to the privacy statements of the social media in question.
RedStar uses CCTV monitoring to protect its property. By means of the CCTV footage, RedStar collects information regarding the activities of persons and special categories of personal data. The CCTV images will be retained for a maximum of four weeks.
RedStar collects and processes personal data of applicants with RedStar and its affiliated companies. We collect, for example, the name, gender, date of birth, contact details, motivation letters and CVs. These data are relevant for completing the application procedure and will be deleted no later than four weeks after the application procedure is completed. If you give your consent, RedStar may keep your personal data in its records for a longer time, so that we can contact you again in the future. In that event, we will not keep your contact details any longer than one year.
RedStar also processes personal data of its employees. The legal basis for the processing of such personal data is the execution of the employment contract with the employee and legal obligations. For more information regarding the processing of personal data of employees, we refer to the information regarding the processing of personal data provided internally by RedStar.
You can contact us by means of the digital contact form on our website or firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to respond to you correctly, we collect your name, e-mail address and your message for us.
3. Data recipients
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties outside RedStar, except in one or more of the following situation(s):
- the performance of the agreement: we will transfer your personal data to third parties if this is necessary to comply with our contractual obligations;
- with your consent: if you have consented the transfer of personal data to third parties, we can do so. Your consent is only valid if it is clear to what you have consented and the consequences thereof;
- for legal reasons: if, in our opinion, we are required to share your personal data with third parties on the basis of the law, legal proceedings or requests from governmental authorities, we can do so;
- legal obligations: if we are required to transfer your personal data due to a legal obligation, we can transfer your personal data to the party as legally indicated.
RedStar concludes agreements with third party recipients of your personal data to ensure that your personal data are treated confidential and will be sufficiently protected.
4. Personal data retention periods
We do not retain your personal data any longer than necessary, unless a statutory obligation requires us to do so for a longer period of time. After such time, we will delete your personal data in accordance with the applicable legislation.
5. Transfer of personal data outside the EU
RedStar can transfer your personal data to third parties inside and outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Countries within the EEA have a similar level of protection as the Netherlands. RedStar will only transfer your personal data to parties in countries within the EEA, if this is necessary for the performance of the agreement or to comply with a legal obligation.
RedStar will not transfer your personal data to countries outside the EEA, except when the country in question maintains an adequate level of protection of personal data. In that event, RedStar uses the standard contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission.
In order to provide you with a well-functioning website, RedStar uses several techniques with which it processes personal data, such as cookies. Cookies are small text files that are saved on your device upon your first visit to our website. Cookies are intended to collect information about someone, the website or statistics. The information generated by the cookie about the use of the website can be transferred to secure services of our website or those of a third party.
Types of cookies
RedStar uses various kinds of cookies. Below, we will explain which cookies are placed on the website:
- functional cookies: functional cookies ensure that the websites functions accordingly. These cookies process no other personal data than the personal data that are submitted by the data subject. We therefore always place functional cookies;
- analytical cookies: analytical cookies collect statistical information regarding the use of our website. By collecting this information, we can improve our website on behalf of its visitors. We make use of Google Analytics. In that respect, the following information is collected:
- (anonymized) IP-addresses;
- technical characteristics, such as the browser used by the data subject;
- search words used by the data subject;
- platform type used by the data subject;
- via which webpage you were referred to our website.
- tracking cookies: tracking cookies collect information regarding your (digital) surfing behaviour on and off our website. We can deduce your preferences and interests via your surfing behaviour. In that way, we can personalize the information on our website and eventual advertisements.
Consent for the placement of cookies
We do not need any permission to place functional. If we use any analytical and/or tracking cookies, we will request your consent before actually using these cookies.
You can also refuse the cookies via your browser settings. If you wish to withdraw your consent for the placement of cookies at a later time, you can adjust your browser settings accordingly.
7. Rights of data subjects
As a data subject, you have certain right with respect to the personal data processed by RedStar or on RedStar’s behalf, such as the rights of access, rectification and erasure of personal data, as well as the rights to restriction of processing and data portability and the right to object to the processing of your personal data. Below, we will explain which rights you have and how you can exercise these rights.
Right to access of personal data
You always have the right to obtain information as to whether we process your personal data and, if yes, the right to obtain access to your personal data that are processed by us or on our behalf. If we process your personal data, we will also inform you of the purpose(s) for which we process your personal data, with which recipients we share your personal data, the retention period of the personal data and your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Right to rectification and completion of personal data
If we process your personal data, you can request us to rectify inaccurate personal data or to complement the incomplete data that we process. If we rectify or complement your personal data, you will receive a new overview of the personal data that are processed by us or on our behalf. We will also share this overview with third party recipients which process your personal data on our behalf.
Right to erasure of personal data
You have the right to request erasure of your personal data from or systems in one or more of the following situations:
- the personal data are no longer needed for the purposes for which we processed the personal data;
- you withdraw your consent for (further) processing and no other legal basis for processing exists;
- you submit an objection for the processing of your personal data, stating reasons, and there are no compelling reasons for us not to agree to your objection;
- we have processed your personal data unlawfully;
- we have to delete your personal data due to a statutory obligation;
- we have collected the personal data by means of mobile telephony or internet services.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data, in one or more of the following situations:
- you have informed us that the personal data processed by us are inaccurate or incomplete and you desire restriction of processing for as long we need to verify the accuracy or incompleteness of your personal data;
- we have processed your personal data unlawfully and you oppose to the erasure of personal data;
- we no longer need your personal data for the purpose of processing, but they are required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you submit an objection for the processing or your personal data, but we need to verify whether there are compelling reasons for us to proceed with the processing of your personal data.
If we receive your request for restriction of processing, we will only process your personal data after you have consented to the processing or because of compelling reasons.
Right to data portability
If you have provided us with your personal data in a well-structured, customary, digital file format, you have the right to request a copy of those personal data. If you would like us to transfer your personal data to another party in order for that party to process your personal data, you can file such request as well.
Right to object against the processing of personal data
You can at all times object to the processing of personal data that relate to you. In that event, we will cease the processing of your personal data, except when we have compelling reasons that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms.
Withdrawal of consent
In the event that we process your personal data on the basis of consent, you are at all times entitled to withdraw that consent. If you withdraw your consent, this withdrawal does not affect the processing of your personal data carried out before your withdrawal.
Exercising your rights
If you would like to exercise one or more of your rights mentioned above, you can contact us via email@example.com. RedStar will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than four weeks after we have received your request. In the event that we are not able to come back to you within four weeks, we will notify you of the delay in time.
To ensure that you are the data subject to whom the request regarding the personal data relates, we will identify you prior to examining your request. This identification will take place in the least burdensome manner, for example by requesting you to exercise your rights via your (personal) account or e-mail address. In the event that there is no less burdensome manner to determine your identity, we will request you to provide us with a copy of your identity card or passport. In that event, you can anonymize your photograph, the machine readable zone, the document number and your citizen service number.
RedStar does the utmost to provide you with the correct information on its website. It is however possible that some of the information on this website is incomplete or incorrect. RedStar cannot be held liable for technical or editorial mistakes on this website, nor for eventual (consequential) damages resulting from the use or the unavailability of this website or hyperlinks included on this website that refer to the websites of third parties.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, you can submit your complaint via the complaints procedure with the Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens). The Data Protection Authority is authorized to examine and process your complaint.
If you have any further questions, you can submit the questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Privacy- and Cookie Statement is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. RedStar reserves the right to amend this Privacy- and Cookie Statement periodically. The newest version of the Privacy- and Cookie Statement will be published on this webpage.
Version, April 2022